Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend



That is, unless every day is a weekend. That's the basic premise of the book I've been reading this week:

The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Timothy Ferriss

So far, so good. The techniques described within, such as limiting checking email to twice a day, and eventually to less than once per day make a lot of sense. We're all distracted by so many things on a daily basis, that unplugging from the self-imposed interruption machine is the best way to increase productivity. I predicted this trend years ago. When everyone was rushing to get online, I said to people, "Watch. In a few years, people will be paying good money to learn how to get OFF the internet."

And it has come to pass. I'm enjoying this book a lot, and I hope to have lots more time to write about how it's working for me.

No comments: